30 weeks of Marathon training.

just a spot to write about the next 30 weeks….of running.

Return to running, goof balls and….

So yesterday I returned to running with an inglorious run.

Kind of like the Inglorious fruits and Vegetables:


It was just 2 miles.  He wrote: run 2 miles fast.  Not because I should run fast after 3 weeks essentially sweating it out in the pool, but probably because he knew me well enough to know that I would be as fast as I could just to “see”.

I was really concerned.  I did not sleep very well the night before, in part because of the run, and also in part because it was going to be monday, and in part because the wonder Dog decided to be restless until 2 am when he promptly began to snore after keeping me up half the night.

I got up…got on my new shoes…piddled around.  Got going about errr  a half hour later than I wanted.

The run itself was pretty great.  It’s very warm right now here and the air is saturated with humidity, so after about a half a mile my main mantra was to remind myself that the wet air still had oxygen in it.

The Sunrise was one of those gorgeous hot orange ball in the sky sun rises.  And I was amazed that I could run and indeed could actually run fast.  of course….I have had 3 weeks essentially off, and I have lost about 7 pounds, so the two combined…yes,






I was going to be slightly faster. Anyway, I was pleased with the run.  I stretched things out and rolled the offending areas and then went to work, which was unpleasant.  We are losing some payment for 2015 based on a variety of things, including data from 2012…which is frustrating. We have made great improvements since 2012, but we have to “suck it up” for the errors of 2012.  (2012 is the year I got the job. so I was playing clean up, even if I didn’t know it.  Clean up these days is SO much harder, no more low hanging fruit)

Post horrible work , I went and had a great massage.  I and the MT were on the same wave length and he really attacked the hip.  It felt loose and good for about 2 hours after…then some of the pain snuck back in.

After massage, I went to give the coach some money.  As you know from my last post, I REALLY felt the need to connect in with him. Sometimes this goes well, and other times, he is not feeling the same thing.  Luckily last night we all just kind of were ready for a few relaxed moments, laughing and having a good good time.  Soooo.  On the up and up, we will see how it goes.

It appears I’m signed up for another Ocean Open Water Swim….crazy stuff I do as an adult.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: